The Vermont State Craft Center network exists because dedicated craftspeople are willing to volunteer their time and share their expertise.
Join the Standards Group
Individuals in the Standards Group should have experience and knowledge of craft and/or marketing and are elected by members of the Vermont craft community. Members meet as a group 4-5 times annually in Montpelier, and also meet in subgroups within either the gallery committee or education committee as needed.
Standards Group Members:
- Shepherd applications to become a Vermont State Craft Center
- Organize ad hoc juries to assess applications and facilities
- Recommend subsequent State Craft Center designations to the Overview Commission
- Conduct regular renewal reviews of Vermont State Craft Center designees
- Refine the criteria for the Standards on an ongoing basis
- Work with the Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing to market the network of Vermont State Craft Centers
Participate in a Jury
Individuals can also volunteer to be on a jury that evaluates an organization applying to be a State Craft Center.
Jury Pool Volunteers:
- Volunteer to serve on an ad hoc basis
- Assess both the application and facility of organizations applying to become State Craft Centers
- Bring their skills and experiences to the jury
- Are free of conflict of interest with the organization being juried
Jury members are appointed as each new application is received.